Easton Bats are Poorly Engineered.


If you own an Easton x1 bat then sell that thing! My son a, 16 year old baseball player, has broken two of them this season. The picture at the right is a picture of the latest one he broke! In my opinion, this is just poor engineering on Easton's part. It's not the only one that I've seen break, my younger son's team broke two of them this year.

The company was great on the first broken bat because they sent him a new bat, but I still had to pay postage to the tune of $25! 

The second time, last month, I called and said I did not want this bat again. I was informed that I could return the broken bat and choose a cheaper bat (all aluminum) but that I would not be given the difference, which was about $200. I'm currently waiting for customer service to contact me back. Below is the email I sent to customer service, I'll keep you updated as to what they say.

Easton Sports 
7855 Haskell Ave.
Suite 103
Van Nuys, CA. 91406

Reference # 606188077
To whom it may concern,

I would appreciate if someone in the management area of customer service at Easton bats would call me as soon as your receive this bat. I find if troubling that my only options are to replace this bat (this is our second one that broke, I don’t want another one), or choose a lesser one piece aluminum bat. We have chosen the cheaper aluminum one but the agent I spoke with said that we would not receive any money back as compensation for taking a cheaper bat! I paid 399.99 dollars for the original bat and I have chosen a bat that is $100 cheaper (I hope you have that in your records!) Not to mention that it has cost me over $50 in shipping fees to send these bats back. The least you could do is give me a $100 credit from Easton so that we can purchase another product from you. A badly engineered bat should not cost money out of my pocket! 

Bottom Line... Don't buy a two piece composite bat until the improve the technology.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search